STOVES WITH A FIREBOX IN A STEAM ROOM AND WITH A PORTABLE FIREBOX
Choosing a wood-burning stove, you can stop at one of two variants: with a firebox in the steam room itself, and with a remote firebox. Both options are popular and demanded, but can be used in different cases.
Features of models with the possibility of heating inside a steam room
The first advantage of this solution is its lower cost. If you are thinking about how to save on equipment, you should consider this option.
But there are other advantages of these models:
- There is no need to control the fire safety associated with the furnace in two rooms at once. If you install a firebox in a room for having rest and you have small children, you need to monitor that they do not approach the firebox constantly, and have to put a special fence.
- The process of installing a furnace with an intolerable furnace is simpler and takes less time.
- The adjacent room will be more clean. If this is just a waiting room, this condition is not critical. However, if there is a break room there, not everyone will like the extra chips and sawdust near the firebox.
- The room temperature can be fixed even by simply opening the door.
- All the energy from the heating will be directed to the steam room. This will allow the room to be warmed up faster - but it all depends on the design capacity and other features.
Many classify as an advantage also the glass door for observing the burning in the furnace directly in the process of taking a steam. For some, this may also be an important point. It is also easy to control the stove with a firebox in a steam room if you are indoors and there is no one else to look after the heating system. So this decision is important for people who go to the sauna in small companies or alone.
Nevertheless, the designs with a portable firebox advantages even more. Consider them separately.
Portable firebox: what advantages should be borne in mind?
The fire chamber is taken out to any room adjacent to a steam room: a waiting room, a break room, a washing room. However, we must bear in mind that when using firewood near the firebox there will be garbage - in the same washing room, depending on the layout, this is not always convenient.
The advantages of the design include the following points:
- More fresh air in a steam room itself. The furnace does not burn oxygen and does not emit combustion products when you open the firebox. This is very important for a steam room, where in high temperature conditions the air must be of high quality.
- Nice-looking design of the adjacent room. Where the stove is heated, you can always comfortably sit with a cup of tea, relax, and enjoy the burning fire.
- Saving space - this is especially noticeable if a steam room is small.
- Cleanness in a steam room. There is no need to carry firewood - this means that there will not be excess garbage.
- An opportunity to control operation of the furnace and the process of heating without going inside the heated room.
In addition, the design with a portable firebox heats up two rooms at once, which is also convenient in many cases.
At installation of any model of the furnace, it is extremely important to provide proper ventilation and a high fire safety level. For this reason, the installation of the heater is conducted only with the help of professionals.
Categories : WORLD PRODUCERS OF WOOD-BURNING STOVES